sec210 | undergraduate
Physical Asset Protection
topic title goes here
Why does a security company need intrusion detection, video surveillance, and risk assessments?
- Determine which types of sensors provide effective detection for given threat tactics and environmental conditions.
- Classify intrusion detection sensors and determine how to improve protection-in-depth.
- Identify the uses of video systems in physical security.
How are internal controls and investigations utilized in security?
- Examine proven methods and controls to reduce the opportunity and the impact of fraud.
- Explore the basic principles for conducting investigations.
- Define the common principles for internal investigations.
- Explain proper evidence management.
How do emergency planning and risk assessments combat workplace violence?
- Define the purpose of emergency planning.
- Discuss applicable legal standards related to employee safety and violence.
- Identify risk factors associated with violent behavior affecting the workplace.
- Build an emergency plan.
- Explain the importance of the risk assessment process.
What are the components of effective security management?
- Differentiate between proprietary and contract services, and explain advantages and shortcomings of various staffing models.
- Define the purpose and types of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Evaluate proven methods of how to successfully manage programs and people through clear expectations, milestones, and measurements.
What are the layers of protection in managing access?
- Explain the layers of protection in managing access.
- Identify the three available authentication factors.
- Explain the potential benefits of smart card technologies.
- Differentiate between identification and authentication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.