sec230 | undergraduate
Homeland Security And Public Safety
topic title goes here
Public Safety, Intelligence and Homeland Security: Putting it All Together
- Identify the applicable laws and regulations relating to risk mitigation, homeland security, and public safety.
- Perform a risk management analysis of public safety, using all available assets.
- Explain how to apply threat analysis standards and risk mitigation.
- Apply fusion best practices.
The Public Safety and Homeland Security Nexus: 9/11 Lessons Learned
- Describe the constitutional issues as they relate to homeland security.
- Describe the importance of “fusion” in homeland security with respect to the various levels of law enforcement, military, local, federal and tribal governments.
- Identify how private and public agencies collaborate to protect critical infrastructure.
- Describe how terrorism investigations and techniques differ from traditional investigations.
- Describe the importance of working with public agencies and the community to protect critical infrastructure.
- Explain the purpose of the National Response Framework.
Homeland Security: Strategies for Public Safety Professionals
- Describe the relationship between official entities (federal, state, local, tribal) and the private sector as they relate to homeland security and increased public safety.
- Describe the interface between law enforcement and emergency management as it pertains to homeland security.
- Specify the homeland security national strategic position.
- Describe predominate challenges in homeland security.
Legal Issues in Homeland Security
- Identify legal considerations directly related to law enforcement as they pertain to the gathering and sharing of intelligence.
- Explain The Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act (as amended 2004) and what it means to public safety and homeland security professionals.
- Describe the federal legal authorities necessary to assist municipalities in the event of a national emergency.
- Explain the dichotomy between civil liberties and security.
Homeland Security: Understanding the Threats
- Explore the lethal terrorist threats to homeland security.
- Research non-terrorist threats to homeland security.
- Explain domestic terrorism.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.