sec251 | undergraduate
Investigative Services And Specialties
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Foundations of Investigative Careers
- Describe the assignments performed by private sector investigators.
- Summarize attributes of a successful investigator.
- Explain investigative methods used to obtain information.
- Explain potential sources of information by category.
- Describe the job outlook for private sector investigative careers.
Legal and Internal Investigations
- Explain basic legal concepts and processes.
- Describe the role of the legal investigator.
- Identify the key elements in a workplace drug investigation.
- Identify the key elements in a workplace sabotage and espionage investigation.
- Identify the key elements in a workplace theft investigation.
- Describe the process of skip trace/locate investigations.
- Summarize the key concepts in trial and hearing testimony.
Background and Due Diligence Investigations
- Explain due diligence and background investigations.
- Differentiate between business background and applicant background.
- Identify the key elements of due diligence and background investigations.
- Interpret the legal constraints on due diligence and background investigations.
- Describe the process of pre-employment investigations and applicant adverse findings.
Arson and Insurance Fraud Investigations
- Summarize critical components of insurance.
- Describe main components of insurance fraud.
- Identify the key elements of insurance liability investigations.
- Summarize the key elements of arson investigations.
- Explain the key elements of workers compensation investigations.
Fraud and Computer Investigations
- Analyze white-collar and corporate fraud schemes.
- Evaluate the impact of corporate fraud.
- Explain the general concepts of computer forensic analysis.
- Summarize the investigative methodology for computer crime investigation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.