sec254 | undergraduate
Investigative Case Management, Techniques, And Procedures
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Project Management and Case Development
- Describe process improvement and analysis methods for project management.
- Explain budget and cost management of a project.
- Describe the roles of the investigative team.
- Summarize the components of an investigation plan or proposal.
- Compare report writing formats used in different types of investigations.
Evidence Collection and Forensic Analysis
- Describe evidence collection and preservation techniques and procedures.
- Justify the importance of incident or accident reconstruction and investigation techniques.
- Describe the fields of forensic analysis.
- Explain the fundamentals of computer forensic examination.
- Explain the fundamentals of forensic document examination.
Undercover and Surveillance Techniques
- Evaluate appropriate investigative uses of surveillance.
- Describe stationary and mobile physical surveillance.
- Evaluate the various types of electronic surveillance.
- Summarize the appropriate use of undercover operations.
- Explain undercover vendor and operative selection criteria.
- Describe undercover operative management and communication.
- Evaluate undercover operation case management.
- Justify the importance of informant utilization.
The Process of Investigation and Fact-Finding
- Identify the eight methods of investigation.
- Explain the seven phases of an investigation.
- Compare public and private sector investigations.
- Describe the significant trends in private sector investigations.
- Describe the role of the fact-finder.
- State the objectives of an investigation.
- Summarize the potential and intended outcomes of an investigation.
Fundamentals of Research, Audit, and Interviews
- Compare the fundamentals of research and audit.
- Explain the specific statutory prohibitions and restrictions of federal and state law.
- Identify the fundamental sources of information for investigations.
- Compare key elements of an administrative interview and an investigative interview.
- Examine the differences between an interview and an interrogation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.