sec300 | undergraduate
Fundamentals Of Human Resource Management In Security
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Recruiting and Staffing
- Identify the essential elements of a job position based on job analysis data.
- Explain the fundamentals of recruitment as it relates to organizational goals and strategies.
- Describe the varied components of the employee selection process.
- Describe the role of human resource planning in the strategic planning process of an organization.
Employee Training and Career Development
- Explain the role of training and socialization of employees in an organizationâs development.
- Describe different employee development methods and their benefits.
- Analyze the relationship between employee development and organizational development.
- Describe the role of human resource management in career development.
Sustaining Employee Performance
- Describe the function of performance management systems.
- Compare compensation plans.
- Explain the importance of employee benefit plans.
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of various job evaluation approaches.
The Legal and Ethical Framework of HRM
- Explain equal employment opportunity laws and protected groups.
- Evaluate the impact of equal employment opportunity laws on human resource management practices.
- Describe employee rights legislation and its application to employee rights and discipline.
- Evaluate the impact of employee rights legislation on human resource management practices.
Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Discuss the continuously changing environment of HRM including, cultural environments, labor shortages, organizational improvement, employee involvement, and the importance of ethics.
- Explain the involvement of HRM in responding to natural and man-made disasters.
- Recognize the importance of HRM as it aligns with an organizationâs function and strategy.
- Describe how external influences significantly affect HRM.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.