sec319 | undergraduate
Computers And Information Processing In Security
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Information Systems Overview
- Define common computer, networking, and information processing terms.
- Identify the network types and telecommunications that support information systems.
- Identify the roles of information systems within an organization.
- Identify the hardware and software that information systems use.
- Explain data management processes.
Internet, Mobile Technology, and the World Wide Web
- Identify how the Internet and the World Wide Web affect information systems and security professionals.
- Identify how mobile and wireless technology affects organizational security.
- Analyze how information systems utilize new technologies.
Information Flow and Security
- Identify how information flows through an organization.
- Identify the effect of information security threats on systems.
- Evaluate ethical situations related to how information is used and shared.
- Describe the security professionals’ role in protecting electronic information.
Managing Information Technology
- Identify the need for IT related business continuity and emergency response planning.
- Identify security factors that affect system acquisition and development.
- Describe organizational policies that affect information system security.
- Explain the role of strategic planning in IT.
- Describe information systems change management.
Information System Usage
- Identify types of systems used by security professionals.
- Explain how business requirements affect system usage and internal and external security threats.
- Identify types of systems used in organizations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.