sec320 | undergraduate
Survey Of Security Specializations
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Securing Sensitive Information and Property
- Analyze the national strategy to secure cyberspace.
- Apply cost-benefit analysis to determine information security needs.
- Identify the categories of threats to information security.
- Explain methods used to protect information and sensitive data.
Retail, Commercial, and Industrial Security
- Examine the importance and methods of protecting financial institutions and office buildings.
- Describe the issues related to shopping center security and mall security.
- Identify the internal and external causes of industrial, commercial, and retail losses.
- Develop a plan to mitigate the effects of bad checks and fraudulent use of credit cards.
- Identify the security needs of hotels, motels, and housing units.
Institutional and Other Security Functions
- Identify the factors associated with protecting individuals and business interests worldwide.
- Explain security countermeasures for public gatherings, major events, and entertainment facilities.
- Compare security factors across air travel, mass transit, seaports, and cruise ships.
- Analyze the needs involved with protecting important persons, celebrities, corporate executives, and political officials.
- Identify the security issues associated with public institutions.
Emerging Trends in Security
- Explain the importance of smart card technology and other technological advances in enhancing security.
- Assess the impact of privatization of security functions.
- Analyze the issues regarding emergency preparedness.
Introduction to Security
- Explain the legal limitations of security officers in various organizations.
- Determine the value of a cost-benefit analysis in relationship to organizational security requirements.
- Assess security needs for different types of organizations.
- Compare proprietary, hybrid, virtual, and contract security.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.