sec340 | undergraduate
Criminology And The Criminal Justice System
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Political, Organized, Cyber-, and Consensual Crimes
- Describe organized crime.
- Identify political and government-related crimes.
- Define the different types of cybercrimes.
- Analyze drug abuse and trafficking, prostitution, and other consensual crimes.
- Define terrorism and its relationship to cyber-, political, and organized crime.
Theories of Criminal Behavior
- Explain the social process theories.
- Identify the rational choice theory.
- Analyze the trait theories.
- Describe the social structural theory.
- Assess the social conflict theories.
- Compare the developmental theories.
Violent, Property, and White-Collar Crime
- Describe the nature and types of property crimes.
- Analyze white-collar crime.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of security measures in preventing or mitigating violent, property, and white-collar crime.
- Define the different types of violent crimes.
Crime Prevention, Mitigation, and Control Measures
- Analyze models for crime prevention programs.
- Evaluate the impact and effectiveness of security measures in crime prevention and mitigation.
- Compare traditional and contemporary crime control measures.
- Assess the role of partnerships and collaboration in crime control.
- Describe the responsibilities of police agencies, the criminal courts, prosecutors, and defense attorneys.
- Analyze punishment and deterrence within community corrections and institutions.
Crime and Criminology
- Identify basic crime typologies.
- Analyze how crime is measured and its impact on society.
- Explain the issues related to victims and victimization.
- Describe crime, criminal law, and criminology.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.