sec360 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Communication Overview: Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Assess the effect of nonverbal behaviors in the security setting.
- Explain the limitations and the exceptions to nonverbal communications.
- Identify the process and components of effective communication.
- Analyze the effect of communication skills in security settings.
- Identify potential barriers to effective communication and how they may be overcome.
- Identify the types, functions, and components of verbal and nonverbal communication.
Interviewing and Interrogation
- Differentiate between security interviews and interrogations and the purposes for each.
- Discuss the importance of the interview setting.
- Explain the methods for interview preparation and the desired outcomes of the interview.
- Assess the legal issues related to interviewing and interrogating.
- Identify techniques for effective interviewing and questioning.
Written Communication and Grammar
- Apply appropriate grammar as part of effective written communication.
- Identify the types of written communication encountered by security professionals.
- Explain the importance of effective note taking in security settings.
- Identify guidelines for fact-based investigative and incident report writing.
- Outline the principles used to develop an effective report.
- Explain how technology has affected communication.
- Identify the uses of technology in security communication applications.
- Analyze the uses and effectiveness of an organizationâs intranet.
Communication With Special Groups and Conflict Resolution
- Identify strategies for communicating effectively with special groups.
- Explain the security issues associated with interactions with special groups.
- Outline the stages of conflict resolution.
- Compare and contrast the various approaches to conflict resolution.
- Assess the influences of environmental factors in conflict resolution.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.