sec361 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Communication Overview: Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Describe potential barriers to effective communication and how they may be overcome.
- Analyze the outcomes of effective and ineffective communication in a security setting.
- Explain elements of effective verbal and nonverbal communication.
Interviewing and Interrogation
- Differentiate between security interviews and interrogations, including the purposes of each.
- Describe the techniques for effective interviewing and questioning, including the importance of the interview setting.
- Explain the methods for interview preparation and the desired outcomes of the interview.
- Assess the legal issues related to interviewing and interrogating.
Written Communication and Grammar
- Identify the types of written communication encountered by security professionals.
- Explain the importance of effective note taking in security settings.
- Describe guidelines for fact-based investigative and incident report writing, including the principles used to develop an effective report.
- Apply appropriate grammar as part of effective written communication.
- Explain how technology has affected communication.
- Identify the uses of technology in security communication applications.
- Analyze technological sources and their effectiveness within security settings.
Communication With Special Groups and Conflict Resolution
- Explain the types of issues security personnel can encounter when interacting with different groups.
- Identify strategies for communicating effectively with different groups (e.g., older adults, children, people with disabilities or mental illness).
- Outline the stages of conflict resolution.
- Compare the various approaches to conflict resolution including influences of environmental factors in conflict resolution.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.