sec390 | undergraduate
Organizational Behavior And Management
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Understanding and Managing Individual Behavior
- Identify methods for motivating personnel.
- Describe the special role of âvigilanceâ and âthoroughnessâ as desirable characteristics for security personnel.
- Review techniques for evaluating performance, soliciting meaningful feedback, and rewarding individual behavior.
- Examine the principles of job design and responsibilities, and relate these to security personnel.
- Discuss individual differences as they relate to work behavior in security environments.
Group Behavior and Interpersonal Influence
- Analyze group behaviors and the impact on work teams.
- Discuss methods for negotiating with personnel and dealing with inter-group conflicts.
- Evaluate the existence and impact of organizational power and politics in security environments.
- Develop a broad view of leadership concepts.
- Explore applications for leadership in security organizations.
- Evaluate the importance of clear, concise, and effective communication for security personnel.
- Examine the process of effective decision-making in general and crisis circumstances.
- Discuss the principles of ethics in decision-making for security organizations.
Organizational Design, Change, and Innovation
- Describe the principles of organizational structure and design to achieve goals and objectives of security oriented missions.
- Discuss how change and innovation can affect security agencies and organizations.
- Assess the significance of organizational stress from an individual perspective.
- Relate the issue of organizational stress to the particular missions, goals, and objectives of contemporary security missions in the 21 st century.
The Field of Organizational Behavior
- Examine the field of organizational behavior, as well as its benefits.
- Explain the basics of organizational behavior to security organizations, agencies, and practices as compared to traditional organizations.
- Describe the meaning and significance of organizational culture in security-oriented organizations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.