sec400 | undergraduate
Threat And Vulnerability Management
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Threat and Risk Assessment
- Determine general and specific types of threats to which businesses facilities, organizations or individuals might be exposed.
- Estimate the probability and criticality of threats.
- Calculate and prioritize risk.
- Assess threats and risk pertaining to businesses, facilities, organizations, or individuals.
- Identify types of assets and loss implications.
Criminal Activity and Terrorism
- Review incidents of terrorist activity and assess vulnerabilities.
- Compare and contrast the benefits and limitations of prevention vs. enforcement.
- Evaluate case studies involving crimes against persons.
- Assess the psychology associated with criminal and terrorist activities and the effective countermeasures.
- Analyze case studies involving crimes against property.
Principles of Emergency Management
- Evaluate potential risks and emergency management countermeasures for nature-made incidents.
- Evaluate potential risks and emergency management countermeasures for human-made incidents.
- Identify key personnel and establish a duly authorized emergency management planning team.
- Identify the various elements required for an emergency management plan.
- Determine what human and tangible resources are needed and available for emergency response contingencies.
- Evaluate the issues and vulnerabilities associated with emergency response to include training, resource allocation, and supervision.
- Assess the elements of a comprehensive evaluation process for an emergency management plan and identify methods for modifying the plan when deficiencies are detected.
- Assess the pros and cons of working from a floor plan for security application.
- Research and determine physical security and criminal activity potentials in the greater area, surrounding area, on a facility premises and within an organization's portion of a facility.
- Research and determine vulnerabilities related to physical terrain or geographic location.
- Assess security measures used by businesses, facilities, organizations, or individuals.
- Determine risks associated with work behaviors.
- Identify vulnerability assessment measures for information systems, technology, and data.
Managing Vulnerabilities and Applying Countermeasures
- Create plans for countermeasures, recovery and operational back-up.
- Evaluate testing and measurement effectiveness of security policies and procedures.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of on-site security personnel.
- Assess strengths and weakness of security systems.
- Perform cost vs. benefit risk analysis.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.