sec440 | undergraduate
Security Of Information Systems And Technology
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Legal Issues and Risk Analysis of Information Security
- Determine the information security standards used to protect critical information systems.
- Describe the identity management process.
- Explain the risk management process.
- Identify personal privacy policies used to enforce the protection of personal information stored in information systems.
Information Security Fundamentals
- Determine the purpose of security management systems.
- Describe obstacles to information security.
- Identify the critical steps to building a secure organization.
- Identify information security essentials used by security professionals.
- Define common computer, networking, and information processing terms.
Information Security Threats and Security Technologies
- Explain how firewalls are used to protect organizational networks.
- Identify threats to information systems.
- Identify network security tools.
- Differentiate between intrusion detection systems (IDS) and intrusion prevention systems (IPS).
- Explain virtual private networks (VPN) and how they are used to protect information systems.
Intranet, Internet, Wireless Network Security Threats, and Security Technologies
- Identify the tools used by security professionals to protect organizational intranets.
- Identify wireless network vulnerabilities and how to secure wireless networks.
- Determine the Internet protocol architecture (IPA) and the system vulnerabilities inherited when an organization connects to the Internet.
- Analyze botnet threats and possible prevention methods.
- Assess how malicious attacks and software threaten information systems, as well as possible prevention methods for each.
Advanced Network Security
- Explain how auditing, testing, and monitoring tools are used to protect networks.
- Explain how penetration testing is used to identify network vulnerabilities.
- Analyze how the public key infrastructure is used to protect network communication.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.