sec450 | undergraduate
Global Security Issues
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
International Relations and Regional Tensions
- Explore the causes of internal conflict within many countries of the world.
- Evaluate the concept of building world security by strengthening international institutions.
- Examine the diversity of economic, religious, cultural, racial, and gender issues that contribute to international conflict.
- Explore the regional bases of conflict reflected in world events in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
- Assess the evolving role of the United Nations as peacemaker and peacekeeper.
Global Socioeconomic Issues
- Examine the impact economic disparity among nations has on international security.
- Discuss the influences of global trading systems and international politics on world security.
- Explore international crime, the enforcement authorities and jurisdictions of international organizations like INTERPOL, and their impact on international security.
Environmental Issues in Global Security
- Discuss the lack of global environmental policy and intergroup conflicts.
- Examine the relationship of environmental factors and socioeconomic issues on a global level.
- Assess the role of global security in maintaining environmental quality.
National Security Policies
- Assess the influence of conventional arms trading between countries.
- Evaluate the global impact of nuclear nonproliferation policies.
- Evaluate the roles of private security organizations in maintaining global security.
- Examine the impact of global proliferation on national security.
Global Dynamics and Changing Factors Affecting Global Security
- Evaluate the dynamics of world social and political unrest.
- Examine the nature of international interests and the changing dimensions of globalized security.
- Evaluate global dependencies in business, politics, and social interests.
- Examine the interdependence and security concerns within the world trade system.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.