sec493 | undergraduate
Survey Of Security
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Describe the responsibilities associated with industrial security.
Analyze special problems associated with utility industries.
- Identify the causes and effects of industrial loss.
- Identify security issues involved in the transportation of goods.
Institutional and Other Security Applications
- Determine the factors associated with protecting individuals and business interests worldwide.
- Assess security issues associated with public institutions.
- Design security countermeasures for major public events.
- Compare and contrast security factors across public transportation.
- Analyze the issues involved with protecting important persons, celebrities, corporate executives, and political officials.
Emerging Trends in Security
- Analyze the issues regarding emergency preparedness.
- Analyze the effect of the increased emphasis on homeland security concerns.
- Assess current uses of technology to enhance security measures.
Proprietary and Contract Security
- Compare proprietary and contract security operations, including the functions and types of services provided by each.
- Describe the issues involved in choosing the appropriate type of security.
- Explore the various roles of security personnel, including guards, patrol officers, investigators, armed couriers, and consultants.
Retail and Commercial Security
- Describe the responsibilities associated with retail and commercial security.
- Describe the issues related to shopping centers and mall security.
- Determine the importance and methods of protecting financial institutions and office buildings.
- Describe the security needs of hotels, motels, and housing units.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.