sec508ca | Graduate
Models, Theories And Strategies For Secondary Education
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Explain how Response to Intervention supports student learning.
- Design a lesson plan.
- Compare and contrast the effectiveness of various instructional strategies.
- Demonstrate how to use various instructional strategies to promote student-centered learning.
- Integrate graphic organizers and concept mapping to promote lesson planning and instruction.
- Describe how students’ critical thinking can be promoted through effective objectives, questioning, and activities.
- Describe methods of differentiating instruction to meet the needs of culturally and academically diverse students.
Evaluation and Reflection
- Describe how assessments and evaluation of student learning can be used in lesson planning.
- Describe the importance of self-reflection for lesson planning.
- Critique lesson plans.
- Evaluate your personal disposition toward the teaching profession.
Promoting Student Learning and Development
- Develop classroom management strategies to positively affect lesson delivery and student learning.
- Explain the effect of school, family, and community relationships on teaching and learning.
- Describe how addressing student diversity in lesson planning can promote student learning.
- Design a rubric to identify criteria for evaluating an assignment.
- Compare the strengths and weaknesses among assessment types.
- Create instructionally sound assessments.
- Explain the role of standards in planning and instruction.
- Determine the information needed to make instructional decisions.
- Describe the components of a lesson plan.
- Compare and contrast different approaches to lesson planning.
Learning Goals and Objectives
- Differentiate between goals and objectives.
- Relate Bloom’s Taxonomy to writing goals and objectives.
- Write developmentally appropriate objectives.
- Explain how a lesson plan objective relates to instruction.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.