sec539 | Graduate
Physical Education Content And Curricular Knowledge
topic title goes here
Movement and Instructional Strategies
- Review approaches to unit and lesson planning for developing motor skills, physical fitness, and human movement.
- Research innovative instructional strategies and materials.
- Analyze effective motivational techniques to engage PE students.
Classroom Management, Safety Procedures, and Effective Learning Environment
- Explore strategies for effective classroom management as it pertains to PE.
- Describe how effective classroom management improves student learning.
- Discuss creating a learning environment that promotes safety, inclusion, tolerance, and appreciation of diversity.
- Research data on injuries during physical activity.
Social Skills, Fair Play, and Health Concepts
- Discuss strategies that promote fair play during physical activities.
- Explore strategies for teaching nutrition.
- Explore strategies for teaching the physiological and sociological effects of alcohol, narcotics and drug abuse, and use of tobacco.
- Research the standards for self-responsibility, social interaction, and group dynamics across several grade levels.
Adapting for Diverse Populations
- Describe strategies for matching equipment and activities with student skill levels.
- Explore strategies for creating an inclusive environment for diverse students.
- Differentiate a lesson for a diverse set of students.
- Investigate why students feel marginalized in PE and solutions for promoting inclusion.
Foundations of Physical Education (PE)
- Interpret your stateâs teacher licensure examinations for physical education (PE).
- Explain a rationale that supports including PE in the secondary curriculum.
- Explain the benefits of PE in schools.
- Examine current themes and trends for teaching PE.
Standards and Assessments
- Examine state and national PE standards.
- Describe the sequencing of activities for student success.
- Evaluate the characteristics of both formative and summative assessment in PE.
- Describe how a variety of assessments can create a process of continuous feedback for students.
- Describe how data from assessments will guide instructional decisions.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.