sec595 | Graduate
Secondary Student Teaching Part B
This graduate-level course is 8 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Review of the Student Teaching Experience
- Identify potential challenges faced during student teaching.
- Determine strategies to meet student and classroom challenges.
- Identify stress management techniques and strategies.
- Describe the importance of reflection and identifying opportunities for professional growth.
- Examine the importance of appropriate attire for the professional educator.
- Review the procedures, expectations, and requirements for student teaching.
- Review the Teaching Performance Expectations and how they must be implemented for student teaching success.
- Examine expectations of the formal student teaching observation process.
- Analyze the attributes of an effective cooperating teacher and student teacher relationship.
The School Culture
- Identify techniques for collaborating with grade-level or subject-level teachers.
- Compare and contrast the cultures of various districts, schools, and classrooms.
- Analyze the different demographics of schools and school districts.
- Examine relationships within the school among teachers, colleagues, administrators, support, staff, and students.
Overview of the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task
- Review the purpose of the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task.
- Review the components, process, and timeline of the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task.
- Summarize the steps for completing the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task.
- Review submission requirements for the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task.
- Evaluate how responses to the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task are scored.
- Identify the relationship of the TPEs to the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task.
Analysis of Instruction
- Evaluate the relationship between the lesson plan and teaching effectiveness.
- Explain the use of video for personal and professional reflection.
- Analyze the effectiveness of a lesson plan and its modifications.
- Determine the relationship between the lesson plan and implementation.
- Analyze student learning based on the implementation of a lesson plan.
- Evaluate the relationship between components of the CalTPA Task Four to analyzing instruction.
California Teaching Performance Assessment Policies and Procedures for University of Phoenix
- Apply Teaching Performance Assessment Code of Honor.
- Review passing score requirements.
- Review the University of Phoenix remediation plan.
- Explore the use of video as a means of performance assessment.
- Demonstrate the use of video technology.
- Review privacy and permission requirements.
Reflection after Instruction
- Describe the importance of reflection as a tool to improve teaching effectiveness.
- Describe the importance of reflection as a tool to improve lesson effectiveness.
- Examine the importance of reflection as a tool to improve student learning.
- Identify professional development goals based on the reflection of student teaching experience.
- Evaluate the relationship between components of the CalTPA Task Four to the importance of reflection.
Reflecting on Student Teaching Part B
- Reflect on weekly sucesses and challenges of the student teaching experience.
- Identify areas of improvement and goals for remainder of student teaching experience.
Learning about Students
- Demonstrate the ability to collect information about the whole class.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect information about students with different instructional challenges.
- Describe how the class information will be used for planning academic instruction.
- Connect the components of CalTPA Task Four to learning about students.
- Describe the importance of creating an effective classroom environment.
- Demonstrate academic instructional planning for the whole class.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan adaptations for English Learners and students with different instructional challenges.
- Justify adaptations made in instructional planning.
- Evaluate the relationship between components.
- Identify the relevant state and content standards for the selected learning goals.
Seeking a Teaching Position
- Define professionalism as it relates to job interviews.
- Evaluate personal and professional considerations when applying for a teaching position.
- Review components of resume and interview preparation.
Transitioning to a Beginning Teacher Position in an Induction Program
- Illustrate the alignment of the TPEs to the CSTPs.
- Examine time and stress management techniques for a beginning teacher.
- Create a plan to maintain work/life balance as a beginning teacher.
- Define California Induction Programs.
- Describe the purpose of the California Induction Programs.
Reflecting on CalTPA Task Four Progress
- Review individual progress on the CalTPA Task Four.
- Determine individual progress on the CalTPA Task Four.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.