sec595 | Graduate
Secondary Student Teaching Part B
This graduate-level course is 8 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Review of the Student Teaching Experience
- Determine strategies to meet student and classroom challenges.
- Identify stress management techniques and strategies.
- Describe the importance of reflection and identifying opportunities for professional growth.
- Examine the importance of appropriate attire for the professional educator.
- Review the procedures, expectations, and requirements for student teaching.
- Review the Teaching Performance Expectations and how they must be implemented for student teaching success.
- Examine expectations of the formal student teaching observation process.
- Analyze the attributes of an effective cooperating teacher and student teacher relationship.
- Identify potential challenges faced during student teaching.
The School Culture
- Identify techniques for collaborating with grade-level or subject-level teachers.
- Compare and contrast the cultures of various districts, schools, and classrooms.
- Analyze the different demographics of schools and school districts.
- Examine relationships within the school among teachers, colleagues, administrators, support, staff, and students.
Overview of the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task
- Review the purpose of the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task.
- Review the components, process, and timeline of the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task.
- Summarize the steps for completing the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task.
- Review submission requirements for the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task.
- Evaluate how responses to the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task are scored.
- Identify the relationship of the TPEs to the CalTPA Task Four: Culminating Teaching Experience Task.
Analysis of Instruction
- Evaluate the relationship between the lesson plan and teaching effectiveness.
- Explain the use of video for personal and professional reflection.
- Analyze the effectiveness of a lesson plan and its modifications.
- Determine the relationship between the lesson plan and implementation.
- Analyze student learning based on the implementation of a lesson plan.
- Evaluate the relationship between components of the CalTPA Task Four to analyzing instruction.
California Teaching Performance Assessment Policies and Procedures for University of Phoenix
- Apply Teaching Performance Assessment Code of Honor.
- Review passing score requirements.
- Review the University of Phoenix remediation plan.
- Explore the use of video as a means of performance assessment.
- Demonstrate the use of video technology.
- Review privacy and permission requirements.
Reflection after Instruction
- Describe the importance of reflection as a tool to improve teaching effectiveness.
- Describe the importance of reflection as a tool to improve lesson effectiveness.
- Examine the importance of reflection as a tool to improve student learning.
- Identify professional development goals based on the reflection of student teaching experience.
- Evaluate the relationship between components of the CalTPA Task Four to the importance of reflection.
Reflecting on Student Teaching Part B
- Reflect on weekly sucesses and challenges of the student teaching experience.
- Identify areas of improvement and goals for remainder of student teaching experience.
Learning about Students
- Demonstrate the ability to collect information about the whole class.
- Demonstrate the ability to collect information about students with different instructional challenges.
- Describe how the class information will be used for planning academic instruction.
- Connect the components of CalTPA Task Four to learning about students.
- Describe the importance of creating an effective classroom environment.
- Demonstrate academic instructional planning for the whole class.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan adaptations for English Learners and students with different instructional challenges.
- Justify adaptations made in instructional planning.
- Evaluate the relationship between components.
- Identify the relevant state and content standards for the selected learning goals.
Seeking a Teaching Position
- Define professionalism as it relates to job interviews.
- Evaluate personal and professional considerations when applying for a teaching position.
- Review components of resume and interview preparation.
Transitioning to a Beginning Teacher Position in an Induction Program
- Illustrate the alignment of the TPEs to the CSTPs.
- Examine time and stress management techniques for a beginning teacher.
- Create a plan to maintain work/life balance as a beginning teacher.
- Define California Induction Programs.
- Describe the purpose of the California Induction Programs.
Reflecting on CalTPA Task Four Progress
- Review individual progress on the CalTPA Task Four.
- Determine individual progress on the CalTPA Task Four.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.