seccj330 | undergraduate
Security: Industrial Safety
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Role of the Safety and Security Officer
- Define the responsibilities of the institutional safety officer.
- Examine the role of security officers as first responders to various incidents.
- Explain the interaction and cooperation between security and safety professionals.
- Illustrate the coordination and interdependency between security personnel and public emergency services.
Regulations, Issues, and Incidents
- Describe the consequences of regulatory noncompliance related to OSHA and EPA.
- Explain the application of proper response techniques for hazardous materials incidents.
- Describe how to identify inventory and how to manage hazardous materials in a work environment.
- Describe the structure and functions of the Incident Command System.
- Identify regulations and types of work-environment hazards related to OSHA and EPA.
Emergency Response to Fire and Natural Disasters
- Identify natural and environmental disasters that disrupt an organization's continuity and productivity.
- Evaluate models for organizational policies and emergency responses to natural and environmental disasters.
- Describe the structure and functions of the National Incident Management System.
- Formulate an emergency action plan for a natural or environmental disaster.
- Describe the types and functionality of fire protection systems.
- Explain the causes of fire, how to prevent it, and proper response techniques.
Industrial Security Plan Integration
- Analyze the scope of security officer responsibilities in the areas of prevention and response related to critical incidents.
- Analyze the security officer’s role in managing the full scope of industrial safety responsibilities.
- Integrate the major components of industrial security into an overall industrial security plan.
- All objectives apply.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.