soc333 | undergraduate
Genders In Society
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Gender and Communication
- Define strategies that foster effective communication among genders.
- Compare the use of verbal and nonverbal communication among genders.
- Analyze common miscommunications among genders.
Gender Communication in the Global Workplace
- Identify different communication styles among genders in the workplace.
- Evaluate the effect of culture on communication among genders.
- Evaluate strategies that facilitate gender communication across cultures.
Social and Historical Perspectives of Gender
- Define gender identity from biological and sociological perspectives.
- Compare trait differences among genders.
- Describe the effects various social movements have had on diversity among gender groups.
The Role of Gender in Society
- Explain the influence of education on gender roles.
- Identify gender norms in government, law, and public policy.
- Analyze the role of gender in the workplace.
Gender, Media, and Stereotypes
- Explain how the media influences perceptions of gender.
- Interpret common gender stereotypes in the media.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.