spe514 | Graduate
Survey Of Special Populations
topic title goes here
Accommodation of Instruction and Classroom Management
- Analyze instructional strategies used in adapting learning activities to individual students' needs.
- Analyze strategies for adapting classroom management to individual students' needs.
Assessment and Placement
- Describe the referral, evaluation, and staffing processes.
- Identify support services, personnel, community resources, and agencies available to provide educational resources.
- Evaluate the types of tests that can be administered by school personnel.
- Examine tests used to determine students' abilities and functioning levels.
- Examine assessment practices and related issues in administering, scoring, and interpreting test results.
Terms and Definitions
- Examine terminology, acronyms, and language used in the field of diverse learning.
- Analyze definitions of diverse learners.
Issues and Trends
- Analyze current trends and issues in education and their implications for diverse learners and for classroom teachers.
Philosophy and Purpose – The Diverse Classroom
- Define educational equity.
- Assess inequities in classrooms and schools.
- Compare and contrast personal and societal attitudes toward diversity.
Legal Structures and Public Policy
- Analyze the federal, state, and local legal structures governing programs for students with special needs.
- Examine public policy and its impact on educational issues regarding students with special needs.
- Evaluate the impact of public policy on classroom practices.
- Discuss major laws and principles that address student and parent rights pertaining to student placements.
Categories of Special Needs
- Identify the characteristics, prevalence, causes, and identification processes associated with various special needs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.