spe558 | Graduate
Transition Planning For Adolescents With Disabilities
topic title goes here
Transition Planning Options and Strategies
- Locate a variety of resources available to support transition planning.
- Explore effective collaboration strategies to facilitate successful transitions.
- Differentiate terminal conclusion options for students with transition plans.
- Identify various transition planning options.
- Examine strategies and approaches to assist students in developing self-determination skills.
- Identify characteristics of successful self-advocacy (IPLAN).
- Locate a variety of national, state, and local resources available to support self-determination and self-advocacy.
- Outline the elements of successful self-determination skills.
Historical Backgrounds and Legal Issues in Transition Planning
- Identify historical backgrounds and legal issues that influence adolescent transition planning.
- Identify components of national legislation that govern transition planning.
- Outline legal considerations that impact transition planning.
- Explore the requirements of transition plans in the Individualized Education Plan (IEP).
- Compare and contrast theories of transition planning.
Assessment and Evaluation Tools for Transition Planning
- Analyze various types of assessment tools used in transition planning.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to develop effective transition plans.
- Evaluate the effects of a transition planning program on student outcomes.
Life Skills for Transitions
- Identify the domains of life skills needed for successful transition.
- Examine resources that support the acquisition of and development of life skills.
Creating a Learning Environment to Support Transition
- Assess elements of curriculum that support transition planning.
- Develop a unit of instruction that facilitates transition planning.
- Evaluate the factors that contribute to an effective learning environment for transition planning.
- Identify the resources necessary for an effective transition program.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.