spe582 | Graduate
Special Ed St Teaching: Cross Categorical, Seminar II
The Professional Growth Plan II no longer needs to be submitted to TaskStream.
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Student Teaching Experience
- Examine expectations of the formal student teaching observation process
- Analyze the attributes of an effective cooperating teacher and student teacher relationship
- Review the procedures, expectations, and requirements for student teaching
- Identify stressful situations one might encounter during student teaching
- Analyze stress management techniques and strategies
- Examine the importance of appropriate attire for the professional educator
The School Culture
- Compare and contrast the cultures of various districts, schools, and classrooms
- Develop techniques for collaborating with grade-level or subject-level teachers
- Describe various ways to create a team atmosphere within the school setting
- Analyze the different demographics of schools and school districts
- Examine relationships within the school among teachers, colleagues, administrators, support staff, and students
Planning and Preparation
- Justify selected learning goals and objectives based on teaching and learning contexts
- Examine various classroom arrangements and available resources
- Develop goals and objectives for the Teacher Work Sample instructional unit based on the teaching and learning context
Preparing and Implementing Assessments
- Compare and contrast formative and summative assessments
- Evaluate the usability and applicability of a variety of assessment methods
- Design an assessment plan to monitor students’ progress
- Apply technology to the creation of instruction and instructional activities
- Compare and contrast different lesson plan formats
- Design standards-based lesson plans
- Demonstrate the use of differentiated instructional strategies
The Learning Environment
- Compare and contrast various methods of classroom management
- Analyze the implications that contextual factors may have on learning and the learning climate
- Evaluate the aspects of the classroom environment that contribute to positive learning experiences
- Explore how brain-based research can contribute to building a positive learning climate
- Analyze strategies for remediation of disruptive and non-disruptive student behaviors
- Compare and contrast various classroom and school procedure
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.