sped500 | Graduate
Introduction To Learners With Special Needs
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to Special Education and Learners with Disabilities, Special Gifts, and Talents
- Differentiate the needs of exceptional learners and nonexceptional learners.
- Identify common characteristics of learners with disabilities.
- Identify common characteristics ofÂ learnersÂ with special gifts and talents.
- Differentiate instruction for learners with disabilities and learners with special gifts and talents.
- Justify the need for special education.
Individualized Education Programs and 504s
- Create behavior intervention plans for learners with emotional disabilities.
- Compare individualized education programs and 504s.
- Create individualized education programs for learners with disabilities.
Special Education Law and Low Incidence Disabilities
- Analyze recent litigation that involves special education.
- Identify the characteristics of learners with low incidence disabilities.
Response to Intervention, Communication Disorders, and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Evaluate a response to intervention plan.
- Describe common communication disorders.
- Identify characteristics of autism spectrum disorders.
Cultural Differences and Communicating with Families
- Identify cultural differences that affect learning.
- Determine strategies for addressing cultural differences.
- Determine strategies for communicating with families of special education students.
- All objectives apply.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.