sped501 | Graduate
Special Education In Early Childhood
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Transition into Early Childhood Special Education Services
- Identify developmentally appropriate instructional strategies that focus on a studentâs needs and interests.
- Outline the process for service coordination and transition from an individual family service plan to an individualized education program.
- Identify appropriate assessments and progress monitoring tools for students transitioning into an early childhood special education classroom.
- Develop an individualized education program with measurable goals and objectives.
Social and Emotional Concerns
- Determine techniques for classroom management that promote social and cognitive development of students in early childhood special education.
- Describe methods to help students with emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Develop a functional behavior analysis and behavior intervention plan.
Motor, Language, and Academic Skill Development
- Sequence typical motor development.
- Analyze the stages of language development.
- Outline the development of literacy and math skills.
- Discuss the role of related services in the development of motor, language, and academic skills.
Collaboration and Consultation
- Analyze the interpersonal skills needed for effective collaboration and consultation among professionals and families.
- Describe the ethical responsibilities in teaching early childhood special education.
- Develop strategies for communicating with families.
- Generate effective approaches when working with students and families from diverse backgrounds.
- All course objectives apply.
Foundations and Trends
- Describe the history and principles of early childhood special education.
- Analyze laws and policies that affect early childhood special education.
- Identify factors that affect early childhood development and learning.
- Explain evolving trends in early childhood special education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.