spm200 | undergraduate
Introduction To Sport Management: Work At Play
This undergraduate-level course is 9 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Areas Influencing Sport Management
- Recognize financial aspects of the sport industry.
- Explain the connection between sports and tourism.
- Explain the role of public relations in sport.
Sport Consumer Behavior
- Determine the impact of the consumer on the sport industry.
- Identify influences on sport consumers and spectators.
Marketing and Sport
- Describe the role and scope of sport management and marketing agencies.
- Identify components of a sport marketing plan.
Sport Management as a Career
- Determine career areas in the field of sport management.
- Analyze factors involved in the management of sports.
Sport Facility and Event Management
- Explain risk, facility, and event management.
- Outline steps for planning various types of events.
Introduction to Sport Management
- Recognize the difference between sport and sport management.
- Describe the breadth of the sport industry and sport management.
- Identify how to prepare for a career in sport management.
- Assess the impact of nontraditional sporting events on participants.
- Identify organized recreational activities and events.
- Explain the structure and duties of intercollegiate athletic departments and national governing bodies.
- Clarify arguments surrounding the amateur nature of intercollegiate athletics.
- Explain the impact of revenue sources on professional sport teams.
- Summarize the evolution and characteristics of professional sports in the United States.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.