spm240 | undergraduate
Communication In Sport: Talking A Great Game
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Personal Sport Communication
- Differentiate among the three types of personal communication and understand their impact on sport.
- Discuss the significance of verbal and nonverbal communication in sport.
Organizational Sport Communication
- Describe the forms of communication within a sport organization.
- Associate organizational features of a sport group with communication activities.
- Recognize the communication flow within a sport organization.
- Formulate ways communication can be used to improve public perception.
- Create a Communication Portfolio for a sport organization.
Electronic and Visual Communication
- Discuss the evolution of sport journalism.
- Differentiate the impact of electronic and visual-media outlets on sport communication.
- Describe the symbiotic relationship between mass media and sport.
- Identify new sport media and communication channels and their impact on sport communication.
- Evaluate a sport Web site in accordance with the Model for Online Sport Communication components.
- Assess the impact of sport and individual athletes on the effectiveness of advertisement.
- Distinguish between sport products and sponsorships in advertising.
- Apply sport-management techniques to a public relations scenario.
Sociological and Legal Issues
- Clarify the legal limits on sport communication.
- Examine the influence of media on the public’s perception of sport.
Introduction and History of Sport Communication
- Describe the role of communication in the sport industry.
- Discuss the significance and impact of a key historical era on sport communication today.
Strategic Sport Communication
- Discuss cultural and technological influences on sport communication.
- Interpret how sport organizations apply components of the Strategic Sport Communication Model.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.