spm260 | undergraduate
Budget & Fin In Sport: More Than A Flip Of The Coin
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Spend or Sell?
- Explain how to develop an exit strategy for a struggling sport business.
- Analyze the successes and failures of recent sport organization mergers.
- Discuss the importance of utilizing accurate and appropriate financial audits.
Reviewing the Plan
- Analyze the financial strengths of a publicly traded sport business.
Forecasting, Budgeting, and Planning
- Describe the components of a financial statement.
- Determine the financial health of a sport-related business based on financial forecasts.
- Describe common financial ratios used by sport organizations.
Financial Issues and Concepts
- Differentiate between finance and accounting, and understand what the information can be used for.
- Explain budgeting as it applies to the sport industry.
Business Structure and Legal Issues
- Compare and contrast different sport business structures.
- Evaluate the basic taxes charged to sport businesses.
Taking Stock in Sports
- Explain how a sport business can increase the value of its stock.
- Describe government-issued bonds and how they are obtained and repaid.
Financing the Project
- Explain how long-term borrowing can effectively fund a sport business.
- Describe capital budgeting and the importance of tracking a business’s cash flow.
- Discuss short-term cash concerns as they apply to a sport organization.
- Explain the importance of inventory management.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.