stem500 | Graduate
Overview Of Stem
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Science as a Practice
- Research trends and standards development in science education.
- Explain the role of scientific innovation in addressing local and global issues.
- Describe and define scientific practices.
- Define inquiry and its implications in the science-based classroom.
Technology and Mathematics
- Distinguish the roles and relationship of technology and science.
- Define computational thinking and its implications in the mathematics-based classroom.
- Research trends in mathematics education and standards development.
- Describe the changing role of technology in the modern classroom.
- Explain the role of technological innovation in addressing local and global issues.
- Identify methods for integrating STEM across all content areas.
- Research high-needs STEM careers locally and globally.
- Identify the purpose and rationale of integrating the Arts into STEM (STEAM).
- Explain the synergy of the STEM components.
Engineering and Design
- Discuss the role of problem-based learning as it relates to engineering and design.
- Research trends and standards development in engineering and design education.
- Explain the role of engineering innovation in addressing local and global issues.
- Define and discuss engineering practices.
- All objectives apply.
Foundations and History of STEM National and International Influences
- Define STEM.
- Outline the specific elements of STEM.
- Explore the history and evolution of STEM.
- Analyze national and state standards as they relate to College and Career Readiness in STEM.
- Describe the skill sets commonly associated with STEM careers.
- Identify local and global impact on the development of STEM.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.