stem508 | Graduate
Stem: Critical Thinking
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Critical Thinking in STEM
- Create strategies for increasing critical thinking in STEM classrooms.
- Describe the role of critical thinking in STEM.
- Analyze critical thinking theories and instructional models.
- Identify instructional methods that promote critical thinking in STEM.
- Explore the history and evolution of critical thinking.
- Explore the role of inquiry in a critical thinking classroom.
- Design instruction that supports quality questioning for critical thinking.
Materials and Resources for Teaching Critical Thinking
- Identify curricular materials and resources that can be used to teach critical thinking in STEM.
- Explore ways to use technology to promote critical thinking skills.
- Evaluate curricular materials and resources to support critical thinking in STEM classrooms.
- Integrate materials and resources that support critical thinking skills into the curriculum.
Assessment of Critical Thinking Skills
- Identify assessment tools to support critical thinking in STEM classrooms.
- Evaluate strategies for assessing critical thinking skills.
- Create an assessment tool to evaluate students’ critical thinking skills.
Differentiating Instruction for Critical Thinking
- Analyze the needs of diverse students to support critical thinking.
- Align teaching methods to support critical thinking in diverse students.
- Identify strategies to provide students with equal access to academic content.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.