sus340 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Organic Food Nutrition and Safety
- Examine health issues related to organic food.
- Evaluate the role taste and appearance plays in the characteristics of organic food.
Demand for and Consumer Perception of Organic Foods
- Describe the growth and basic characteristics of the organic food industry.
- Contrast organic food regulation with consumer perceptions.
- Explain the world demand and marketing of organic production.
- Describe consumer concerns related to food safety.
Organic and Non-Organic Production of Vegetables, Fruits, and Grains
- Examine how farming techniques, soil fertility, and seed and plant diversity contribute to agricultural production.
- Examine chemical contaminants, pest control, and safety issues relating to organic vegetables.
- Evaluate the influence of consumer demand on the nutritional concentrations found in organic fruits and vegetables.
- Examine chemical, microbial, and cloning issues related to organic fruits.
- Assess the influence of chemical residues, mycotoxins, and organoleptic safety issues of organic cereal on consumer demand.
Organic and Non-Organic Animal and Poultry Production
- Describe the impact of biological controls, hormones, gene modification, and nutrient quality of organic meat (beef, pork, poultry, and fish) on consumer demand.
- Contrast the concerns of antibiotics, pesticides, and hormones in organic milk on consumer demand.
- Explain consumer concerns about cholesterol, contamination, and the quality of organic eggs.
Psychology of Organic Food Choice
- Evaluate consumer motivation to purchase organic food.
- Summarize research findings and controversial issues relating to the quality and future of organic food.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.