sus350 | undergraduate
Green Building And Urban Planning
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Sustainable Design and Urban Planning
- Describe green building technologies.
- Assess sustainable design practices.
- Describe the relationship between sustainability and development.
Green Building and Site Development
- Describe the requirements for site evaluation and selection for green building technologies.
- Apply remediation and bioremediation technologies to damaged sites.
- Explain the relationship among heat and pollution reduction, building efficiency, and ecosystem disturbance reduction.
- Describe sustainable transportation planning.
- Determine the cost implications of green building.
Green Improvement Strategies
- Determine strategies for improving building material use.
- Determine strategies for improving indoor environmental quality.
- Identify professional certification in sustainable design.
Sustainable Use and Design in Green Building
- Describe sustainable heating and cooling systems.
- Assess the use of wind as a sustainable energy source.
- Determine sources of onsite renewable power generation.
- Describe the economics of green energy.
Sustainable Water Uses in Green Building
- Assess drainage management techniques.
- Assess sustainable water-usage techniques.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.