sus370 | undergraduate
In this course, students evaluate the principles of sustainable practices in aquatic and terrestrial environments. Students analyze the factors that govern ecosystem sustainability, which include density-dependent regulations, mechanisms of biodiversity, invasive species, and equilibrium dynamics. The impact of human activities and management practices on the environment is examined. Emphasis is placed on applying ecological theory to restore and manage habitats and populations.
This undergraduate-level course is 5 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Determine the factors that influence species extinctions.
- Assess approaches used to manage wild plants and animals.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of policies used to protect species.
- Describe the conditions that promote species diversity.
Principles in Sustainable Ecosystems
- Describe the functions of soil in ecosystem management.
- Explain the relationship between a sustainable environment and economy.
- Apply ecological theory to sustainable ecosystem management.
Sustainable Grassland and Desert Ecosystems Management
Determine the role of fire in grassland and shrubland management.
- Describe threats to desert ecosystem sustainability.
- Evaluate the sustainability of rangeland management practices.
- Apply concepts of ecological self-organization to ecosystem management.
Sustainable Forest Management
- Determine the role of ecosystem services in ecosystem management.
- Explain the function of species interrelations in ecosystem management and restoration.
- Evaluate approaches used to manage and restore forests.
Sustainable Aquatic Ecosystems Management
- Describe ecosystem processes in aquatic habitats.
- Determine the role of species interrelations in aquatic ecosystem management.
- Explain the relationship between aquatic ecosystem management and municipal water resource management.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.