swrk220 | undergraduate
Professional And Ethical Behaviors For Social Work Practice
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Professional Competence, Training, and Ethical Supervision
- Identify issues in social work practice theory.
- Determine professional competence and training for ethical social work practice.
Ethical Issues in Couples, Family Therapy, Group Work, Community, and Social Justice Perspectives
- Describe ethical social work practice for couples and family therapy.
- Describe ethical social work practice for groups.
- Explain the ethics of social policies for social work practice for marginalized groups.
Introduction to Personal Ethics and the Counselor as a Person and a Professional
- Describe the National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics.
- Describe ethical decision-making for social work practice.
- Determine the role of the social worker in an ethical, helping relationship.
- Describe the implementation of evidence-based interventions.
Multicultural Perspectives and Diversity Issues
- Describe the cultural values, beliefs, and assumptions of helping professionals and their clients.
- Identify the limitations of cultural tunnel vision, stereotypes, and racism.
- Explain the importance of cultural diversity for social work practitioners.
Client Rights, Counselor Responsibilities, and Legal Considerations
- Identify ethical issues related to informed consent, case note documentation, recordkeeping, and online therapy.
- Describe the concept of malpractice, liability, and risk management.
- Explain ethical considerations for special groups.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.