tch504 | Graduate
Teaching Methods: Elementary Science
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Safety in the Inquiry-Based Science Classroom
- Explain teachers’ legal responsibilities regarding safety in the classroom.
- Identify federal and state legislation related to safety in the classroom.
- Determine materials for safe inquiry-based science activities.
- Plan for safe science experiences.
Assessment and Technology for Science Inquiry in the Classroom
- Identify instructional methods that integrate technology in the science classroom.
- Design authentic assessments that promote science inquiry.
Using Science Inquiry in the Classroom
- Identify the components necessary to meet standards for an inquiry-based science classroom.
- Examine brain-based and constructivist approaches to instruction.
- Explain instructional methods that improve science inquiry for diverse learners.
Planning for Science Inquiry; Strategies and Resources for Science Inquiry
- Determine instructional methods that promote scientific inquiry.
- Develop effective questions to engage students in independent thinking.
- Select effective methods to encourage student cooperation in group inquiry activities.
- Apply instructional best practices to promote scientific inquiry.
- Evaluate resources for best practices that instill inquiry in science education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.