tech525 | Graduate
Becoming A Connected Educator
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Social Media in Education
- Explain the importance of using social media in the classroom and for professional development.
- Describe digital citizenship and its importance in education.
- Describe the tools and techniques educators use to stay current and connected in the ever-changing digital age.
- Define the role of a professional learning network (PLN).
- Explain how technological advances and social media have had a profound effect on education and educators.
- Compare the different types of social media used in educational settings.
Connecting Educators, Students, Parents, and Community in the Digital Age
- Explain the importance of connectivity.
- Describe the tools and devices that are used for connecting educators, students, parents, and communities to one another.
- Identify strategies and efforts that are used to connect educators, students, parents, and communities to one another.
- Identify ways to promote student success, maximize positivity, and minimize negativity in our school communities.
Blogging for Professional Learning
- Define blogging.
- Describe the process of blogging and its benefits for educators.
- Determine which blogging platform is most effective for educators.
- Demonstrate how to connect with an audience through blogging.
- Analyze the best way to access and utilize blogs for professional learning.
Branding and Sharing Your Schoolâ s Story
- Describe how branding and sharing your schoolâs story can be used in an educational setting.
- Determine platform resources and tools to use when sharing your school's story.
- Explain the importance of utilizing social media to share your school's story.
- Analyze the importance of branding.
- Discuss the branding techniques, approaches, and programs unfolding in schools.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.