tesol565 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Assessment: Reading and Writing
- Analyze how listening and speaking influence reading and writing development.
- Explain current research on effective reading and writing assessments.
- Explain how to use data from language proficiency tests.
- Describe the developmental stages of the reading and writing processes.
Assessment: Language Acquisition and Content Area Instruction
- Explain how authentic assessment tools can be used across the curriculum.
- Explain how to incorporate multiple intelligences in assessment.
- Explain the relationship between first and second language proficiency.
- Compare Basic Interpersonal Communication Skills (BICS) and Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency (CALP).
- Explain how language acquisition stages and characteristics influence instruction and assessment.
- Analyze the value of teaching content and language simultaneously.
- Identify the challenges of instruction and assessment within content areas.
- Apply the Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) model.
Assessment: Formal and Informal
- Identify appropriate assessment techniques for placement of English language learners.
- Explain how assessment may influence the under representation of English language learners in gifted programs.
- Analyze the use of performance assessments for determining individual student goals and objectives.
Assessment: Communication Principles and Parental Involvement
- Communicate assessment issues with stakeholders.
- Explain how to involve parents in assessment processes.
- Explain why parental involvement supports effective assessment.
- Develop a parental involvement program aligned to assessment.
Assessment: History and Theory
- Compare formal and informal assessment.
- Describe the process of assessing and identifying the needs of English language learners.
- Identify Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) standards that relate to assessment.
- Explain the benefits of performance assessment.
- Identify how to demonstrate sensitivity in the assessment process.
- All objectives apply.
Please ask about these special rates:
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.