tesol575 | Graduate
Teaching Reading And Writing
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Explain standards-based instruction and assessment.
- Compare differentiated instruction and content-based instruction.
- Explain the components of thematic instruction.
- Describe how to scaffold reading and writing instruction and assessment for English language learners.
- Describe learning strategies for the three-stage reading process.
- Describe learning strategies for reading comprehension.
- Determine methods to assess literacy development.
- Determine methods to assess vocabulary progression.
- Identify the characteristics of beginning and intermediate readers.
- Identify instructional strategies for beginning and intermediate readers.
- Describe the stages of writing development for English language learners.
- Identify instructional strategies to assist beginning and intermediate writers.
- Assess writing progression.
- Differentiate instruction for writing development.
Language Acquisition and Oral Language Development
- Identify language universals.
- Explain first and second language acquisition theories and principles.
- Contrast social language acquisition with academic language acquisition.
- Describe oral language development in the classroom.
- Identify teaching methods to promote oral language development.
- Explain how to develop oral language through content area instruction.
- Describe how to assess classroom oral language development.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.