tpa002 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 3 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Academic Content Selection and Learning About Students
- Identify the content area, subject matter selection, and unit goals.
- Describe student characteristics of the whole class.
- Analyze how to use student information to plan instruction.
Learning About Two Focus Students
- Identify the characteristics of an English learner.
- Identify the characteristics of students with instructional challenges.
- Examine how student characteristics influence instructional planning.
- Establish High Quality Responses.
- Differentiate appropriate student activities for the whole class and for special needs students.
- Examine the Teaching Performance Assessment Key Score Level Criteria.
- Evaluate Teacher Performance Assessment Designing Instruction: Connecting Instructional Planning to Student Characteristics for Academic Learning.
Lesson Adaptations for Focus Students
- Outline various methods of lesson adaptation to student needs.
- Determine adaptations of whole class instruction to meet the needs of focus students.
- Explain differentiated instruction.
Reflection on Connecting Instructional Planning to Student Characteristics
- Describe the need for reflection in developing as a professional educator.
- Examine the results of the instructional planning and adaptation.
- Determine improvement in planning skills.
Planning for Academic Instruction for the Whole Class
- Identify appropriate academic content standards.
- Describe instructional strategies.
- Evaluate appropriate lesson plans.
- Explain rationale for instructional planning for whole class.
Overview of California Teaching Performance Assessment (CalTPA)
- Demonstrate how the Teaching Performance Assessment, Designing Instruction, measures the Teaching Performance Expectations 1, 4, 6-9, & 13.
Describe the history of CalTPA.
- Examine assessment techniques.
CalTPA Polices and Procedures for University of Phoenix
- Identify CalTPA Procedures.
- Review University of PhoenixTeaching Performance Assessment Code of Honor.
- Review University of Phoenix Passing Score and Remediation Plan.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.