us101 | undergraduate
Introduction To University Studies
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Differentiate between academic and casual communication.
- Summarize classroom expectations for attending the university.
- Identify student support resources provided by the university.
Academic and Career Preparedness
- Describe the University of Phoenix learning goals.
- Apply personal and professional values and ethics to determine a course of action.
- Identify the relationship between the university learning goals and career competence.
Personal Goal Setting
- Identify strategies to sustain motivation throughout college.
- Create an action plan based on SMART criteria.
- Describe motivation as it relates to goal setting.
Exploring Your Career Options
- Identify personal career interests, competencies, and preferred work cultures.
- Explain the relationship between academic goals and skills, and professional goals.
- Identify how social networking relates to career preparedness.
Time and Stress Management
- Describe strategies for effective time management.
- Identify stress-management techniques.
Academic Reading Strategies
- Explain effective textbook reading.
- Identify strategies for improving reading comprehension.
Effective Study Habits
- Describe your personal learning style.
- Apply effective study strategies and techniques to your personal learning style.
Succeeding in University Writing
- Explain the importance of writing both academically and professionally
- Explain the importance of academic honesty.
- Identify university writing resources.
Mastering the Writing Basics
- Demonstrate the key elements of writing mechanics.
- Examine personal strengths and weaknesses in writing.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.