xacc280 | undergraduate
Financial Accounting Concepts And Principles
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Basic Accounting Principles and Concepts
- Explain the purposes of the four types of financial statements.
- Explain the function of each element in the accounting equation.
- Describe financial accounting and the users of accounting data.
- Identify the basic assumptions, principles, and constraints of accounting.
The Recording Process
- Analyze transactions using the rules of debit and credit.
- Define the goals of financial reporting.
- Identify the major steps in the recording process.
- Post journal entries to the general ledger.
Starting the Accounting Cycle
- Calculate adjusting entries.
- Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
- Analyze revenue and expense relationships.
- Contrast accrual basis accounting with cash basis accounting.
Preparing a Financial Statement Worksheet
- Prepare a financial statement worksheet.
- Describe the advantages of using subsidiary ledgers and special journals.
Closing the Books
- Prepare closing and reversing entries.
- Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
Completing the Accounting Cycle
- Explain the nine steps of the accounting cycle.
- Prepare income statements, classified balance sheets, and the statement of retained earnings.
Financial Statement Analysis
- Perform ratio, vertical, and horizontal analyses on financial statements.
- Make recommendations based on financial statement analyses.
- Describe career opportunities for accountants.
Internal Controls, Regulatory Bodies, and Ethics
- Describe the principles and limitations of internal controls.
- Summarize the functions of the major regulatory bodies.
- Explain the impact of unethical behavior on the profitability of a company.
- Analyze annual reports to make financial recommendations.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.