xacc290 | undergraduate
Principles Of Accounting I
This undergraduate-level course is 9 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Merchandising Operations and the Multiple-Step Income Statement
- Differentiate between a single-step and a multiple-step income statement
- Calculate cost of goods sold under a periodic system
- Describe the recording of sales revenues under a perpetual inventory system
- Clarify the financial statement and tax effects of each of the inventory cost flow assumptions
- Explain the lower-of-cost-or-market basis of accounting for inventories
- Calculate and interpret the inventory turnover
- Describe the LIFO reserve and explain its importance for comparing results of different companies
- Classify the principles of internal control activities
- Prepare a bank reconciliation
- Categorize the primary elements of a cash budget
- Explain the methods used to account for bad debts
- Identify ratios to analyze a companyâs receivables
- Describe the principles of sound accounts receivable management
- Describe how the historical cost principle applies to plant assets
- Explain the concept of depreciation
- Compute periodic depreciation using the straight-line method
- Contrast the straight-line methodâs expense pattern with those of other methods
- Classify the users and uses of accounting information
- Define the content and purpose of each of the financial statements
- Use the basic accounting equation
- Describe the components that supplement the financial statements in an annual report
Further Look at Financial Statements
- Classify the sections of a classified balance sheet
- Identify and compute ratios for analyzing a companyâs liquidity profitability
- Use the statement of cash flows to evaluate solvency
Accounting Information System
- Examine the effect of business transactions on the basic accounting equation
- Describe what an account is and how it helps in the recording process
- Define debits and credits and explain how they are used to record business transactions
- Categorize the basic steps in the recording process
Accrual Accounting Concepts
- Distinguish between the cash basis and the accrual basis of accounting
- Prepare adjusting entries for deferrals
- Prepare adjusting entries for accruals
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.