xbis219 | undergraduate
Business Information Systems
topic title goes here
How Businesses Use Information
- Explain how functional areas use information systems.
- Identify supply chain components.
- Describe organizational information systems.
How Managers Use Information
- Explain how managers use information systems.
- Identify information tools for managers.
Project Development Methodologies
- Explain information technology project development methodologies.
- Identify the phases of Systems Development Life Cycle.
Ethical and Legal Issues
- Recognize ethical and legal issues in information technology.
- Identify threats to information security.
- Identify communication technologies used in business.
- Explain the impact of Web 2.0 on business.
- Describe advantages and disadvantages of mobile commerce (m-commerce).
- Develop a proposal for technology solutions that address business problems.
- Identify technology solutions for business problems.
Overview of Information Systems
- Describe roles of the information systems department.
- Identify information systems used in organizational departments.
- Explain how information resources are managed.
Data Gathering, Storage, and Uses
- Recognize data management issues.
- Identify components of a database.
- Describe the relationship between data, information, and knowledge.
E-Business and E-Commerce
- Compare e-business and e-commerce.
- Differentiate among business-to-business (B2B), business-to-consumer (B2C), and government-to-citizen (G2C).
- Explain how online auctions work.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.