xcom100 | undergraduate
Introduction To Communication
topic title goes here
Verbal, Nonverbal, and Interpersonal Communication
- Distinguish between verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Recognize types of interpersonal communication.
- Identify interview techniques.
- Identify conflict management stages.
Overview of Communication
- Identify historical developments in communication.
- Explain how communication affects self-concept.
- Identify communication models.
- Identify group development phases.
- Identify elements of group dynamics.
- Recognize characteristics of effective teams.
- Identify problem-solving steps.
- Explain how mass communication influences society.
- Identify presentation techniques.
- Distinguish between informative and persuasive presentations.
Special Issues in Communication
- Explain how diversity affects communication.
- Recognize the role of ethics in communication.
- Identify research methods used in communication.
- Identify communication technologies.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.