xeco212 | undergraduate
Principles Of Economics
topic title goes here
Principles of Economics and Supply and Demand
- Determine the influence of price and quantity on market equilibrium.
- Compare and contrast positive and normative statements in economics.
- Explain the effects of the principles of economics on decision-making, interaction, and the workings of the economy.
Price and Income Elasticity of Demand
- Explain the factors that affect supply and demand.
- Describe the effect that the necessity of a good has on price elasticity of demand.
- Describe the effect that the availability of substitutes has on price elasticity of demand.
Inputs to the Production Process and Costs
- Summarize the factors that affect labor supply and demand.
- Explain how firms determine whether or not to invest in additional capital or labor.
- Explain the effect of supply and demand of labor on labor market equilibrium.
Markets and Types of Goods
- Compare and contrast public goods, private goods, common resources, and natural monopolies.
- Describe the characteristics of competitive markets, monopolies, and oligopolies.
- Explain how firms determine the output and price that maximizes profits.
The Economy and Decision Making
- Analyze the effects of the principles of economics on decision-making, interaction, and the workings of the economy.
Measuring Economic Health
- Describe the use of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to measure the business cycle.
- Define inflation, unemployment, and the interest rate.
- Describe the roles of the government bodies that determine national fiscal policies.
The Federal Reserve
- Describe the purpose and function of money.
- Explain the effect of monetary policies on the economy’s production and employment.
- Explain how the central bank manages a nation’s monetary system.
- Explain the effects of fiscal policies on the economy’s production and employment.
- Compare the impact of government spending and taxes on the economy.
- Define absolute and comparative advantage.
- Describe the influences affecting foreign exchange rates.
- Debate issues surrounding international trade.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.