xmgt230 | undergraduate
Management Theory And Practice
topic title goes here
Organizing as a Management Function
- Identify various types of organizational structures.
- Describe the organizing function of management.
Organizing as a Management Function Cont.
- Explain the relationship between organizational functions and organizational structures.
Leading as a Management Function
- Differentiate between management and leadership.
- Describe the role and responsibilities of leaders in creating and maintaining a healthy organizational culture.
Leading as a Management Function Cont.
- Explain considerations of leading a diverse workforce.
- Explain the relationship between setting effective expectations and organizational performance.
Functions of Management
- Define the four functions of management.
- Explain how internal and external factors affect the four functions of management.
Controlling as a Management Function
- Identify various control mechanisms.
- Apply management functions to achieve business goals.
Functions of Management Cont.
- Identify the steps in the decision-making process.
Planning as a Management Function Cont.
- Analyze various factors that influence strategic, tactical, operational, and contingency planning.
- Analyze the effect that legal issues, ethics, and corporate social responsibility have on management planning.
Planning as a Management Function
- Describe the planning function of management.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.