Education and administrative leaders will contribute insights and best practices in experiential online learning
Leaders with University of Phoenix join the proceedings of the Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Accelerate Conference, taking place November 14-17, 2022, in Orlando, Florida, and will be contributing to sessions on topics including student engagement, professional learning practices, accessibility, student success, and career-relevant curriculum. The 2022 conference theme is “Reflecting Onward: Evidence for a Changed World.”
“University of Phoenix is a leader in providing quality online education,” states John Woods, Ph.D., provost and chief academic officer. “OLC Accelerate is a great forum where our experts can share some of our successes and the best practices we have developed in meeting our students’ needs. And convening with other thought leaders in online learning provides us with enrichment and inspiration.”
Leadership from the University of Phoenix College of Education and academic operations will present at OLC Accelerate, including the following:
- Pamela Roggeman, Ed.D, dean, Ashley Bartley, M.A.Ed., associate dean, and Lisa Ghormley, M.Ed., associate dean, all with the College of Education, will lead the session, “Re-Thinking Professional Learning Experiences: How 2020 Accelerated Virtual Teaching and Learning,” on Tuesday, November 15.
- Robert Becker, senior manager, Accessibility and Usability, and Janet Brims Fukuda, M.Ed., CPACC, specialist, Digital Accessibility, will lead the session, “Scaling Web Accessibility: An Approach to Professional Development and Shared Responsibility,” on Wednesday, November 16.
- Jelisa Dallas, M.S. Ed., program manager, Educational Equity, will lead the session, “Increasing Student Engagement Through Belonging: The Co-Curricular Accelerator to Career with Confidence” on Wednesday, November 16.
- Samantha Ronsick, M.A.Ed., senior manager, accreditation, will lead the session, “Adopting A Strategic Approach to Measuring Student Success,” Thursday, November 17.
- Tahnja Wilson, director, Faculty Training and Development, and Eve Krahe Billings, Ph.D., dean, Academic Innovation and Evaluation, will lead the session, “Career-Relevant Curriculum: Using Storytelling to Close the Gap,” on Thursday, November 17.
The summit includes a focus on leadership, research, instructional design, and blended learning, with content created by and for online education practitioners, instructors and researchers. OLC is a collaborative community of higher education leaders and innovators, dedicated to advancing quality digital teaching and learning experiences designed to reach and engage the modern learner.
Learn more here about the OLC Accelerate Conference.
About University of Phoenix
University of Phoenix is continually innovating to help working adults enhance their careers in a rapidly changing world. Flexible schedules, relevant courses, interactive learning, and Career Services for Life® help students more effectively pursue career and personal aspirations while balancing their busy lives. For more information, visit phoenix.edu.