University of Phoenix RedFlint Experience Center and Global Accelerator Network Announce Scale School Accelerator Program Fall CohortBy : UOPX News | October 17, 2017
Eight global startup organizations spanning various industries will participate in the three month mentorship program held at RedFlint in downtown Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS, Oct. 17, 2017 — University of Phoenix® and the Global Accelerator Network (GAN), a highly curated community of independent accelerators, corporations and investors, have announced that eight global startup organizations have been accepted into the fall cohort of GAN’s Scale School Accelerator Program. The GAN fall cohort launched on Oct. 9 at the University’s RedFlint experience center in downtown Las Vegas.
Through the accelerator program, participating companies will learn the fundamentals of scaling their business, business-to-business partnerships, operational experience and investment strategy. The program will extend through December and requires attendance at three, week-long sprints held at RedFlint™. Sprint one in October will focus on business fundamentals and organizational development. Sprint two teaches participants how to create partnerships with larger organizations. The final sprint involves a deep dive into the startup investment strategy.
“GAN is one of the leading accelerator programs in the world and provides a solid foundation for startups to learn the fundamentals of launching a business,” said Dennis Bonilla, executive dean, University of Phoenix College of Information Systems & Technology and School of Business. “The majority of startups fail, often because they don’t have the proper resources and mentors in place to succeed. The abundance of opportunities in industries like tourism and manufacturing make Las Vegas an oasis for business startups. We’re confident that GAN will help these organizations make an impact here and on a global scale.”
Fall accelerator cohort organizations include:
- Clarabyte – Clarabyte is the first line of defense for secure digital data destruction. It’s an automated diagnostic and refurbishment software designed to maximize resale value, reduce returns and collect valuable information.
- My Mozack - An AI voice-controlled virtual office that connects real estate agents to their virtual assistants.
- MyCape, Inc. – A mobile application that allows travelers to book last-minute, space-available airline seats.
- Pablow Inc. – A vacation rental insurance company that is transforming the role insurance plays in travel by removing all friction between travel insurers and travel brands.
- ShedWool – A free mobile and web software and app, allows organizations to manage employees’ schedules, approve time off, review shift changes, message employees and more.
- Stay22 – Stay22 makes it easy for event-goers to book hotel rooms and purchase tickets near their next event.
- Stay Delightful – Stay Delightful is an AI-enabled service platform that helps hotels provide customer service and concierge services to guests.
- Wyzerr – Wyzerr is a survey tool that provides users with easy to use, real-time visualizations and survey health metrics.
“The diversity of the eight startups that were selected for the fall cohort represent a great representation of new companies across a variety of industries. Many of these organizations are much further along than your typical startup seeking capital, they are now in the scaling phase.” said Patrick Riley, CEO of GAN. “Based on their traction, revenue, team quality and product-market fit, they have the potential to make an outsized impact in their respective industries. Half of the startups that were accepted into the accelerator are focused on travel and hospitality, two of the biggest industries in Las Vegas.”
Since 2007, GAN member programs have accelerated more than 5,000 startups, 82 percent of which are still in business. To date, accelerated startups have raised more than $5 billion and created more than 22,000 jobs.
Based in the vibrant innovative tech and business community in downtown Las Vegas, the over 10,000 square foot center located within the Bank of America Plaza building provides and hosts local resources to help educate, incubate and accelerate business ideas. The open floor plan boasts a variety of tools and spaces to support a variety of business needs. The RedFlint experience center encompasses advanced technologies and an experiential, hands-on learning environment to address and lend solutions for common issues including stagnation inside established businesses, a lack of resources for entrepreneurs and startup ventures and slow adaption to the technology curve. For more information about the RedFlint experience center, visit: www.redflintvegas.com.
About University of Phoenix®
University of Phoenix is constantly innovating to help working adults move efficiently from education to careers in a rapidly changing world. Flexible schedules, relevant and engaging courses, and interactive learning can help students more effectively pursue career and personal aspirations while balancing their busy lives. University of Phoenix serves a diverse student population, offering associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs from campuses and learning centers across the U.S. as well as online throughout the world. For more information, visit www.phoenix.edu.
The Global Accelerator Network (GAN) is a highly curated community of independent accelerators, corporate partners and investors. Together, they create meaningful opportunities for startups to access the human and financial capital they need to build businesses and make a meaningful impact wherever they call home. To date, over 5,000 startups have gone through a GAN program and 82% of those are still in business today. For more information, visit www.gan.co.