All new students who were referred to the University of Phoenix (“UOPX”) by a current student or alumni via the referral landing page, who enroll and start class between January 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020 and who meet the eligibility criteria below, will be eligible to receive a $500 scholarship, which will be applied as a credit on their 2nd course (“Referral Scholarship”). This Referral Scholarship will be applicable to all students who meet the Eligibility Criteria and who are seeking an associate, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree program at UOPX.
Here is the “Eligibility Criteria” for the Referral Scholarship:
If you (i) are a new student to the University who has been referred to UOPX by a UOPX current student or alumni through the Referral Landing page (Students will have to click the link in the referral email that will be sent to them- the link will take them to the Referral Landing Page); (ii) enroll and attend your first class between January 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020; (iii) successfully complete your first course; (iv) consecutively enroll in your second course (meaning no breaks in attendance between your first and second courses, except for approved leave of absences or breaks in attendance due to a University change not to exceed 90 days); and (v) post attendance in the second course, you are eligible to receive a $500 Referral Scholarship. The Referral Scholarship will be applied as a credit at the beginning of your 2nd course once you have posted attendance in accordance with UOPX policy.
Please note the following regarding the Referral Scholarship:
- This is a non-cash award and under no circumstance will the Referral Scholarship exceed any invoice amount.
- The Referral Scholarship is a one-time award and is valid for one degree program only, which is the degree program the student attends at the commencement of this offer.
- The Referral Scholarship cannot be combined with any other University scholarship, promotion, and memorandum of understanding or other Tuition Offer. A “Tuition Offer” is any tuition benefit provided to the student as a result of a corporate employer partnership, international student discount, or other promotional offer.
- You remain responsible for repayment of all Federal Student Aid borrowed for your program or any other program you have enrolled in and/or attended, and are subject to the repayment terms and conditions set forth in your borrowing agreement.
- The Referral Scholarship is not applicable and will not be issued to:
- Students pursuing stand-alone courses.
- Students enrolling in stand-alone certificates.
- Students who do not meet the Eligibility Criteria.
- Cover costs for credits earned outside of UOPX.
- Students who are Academically Disqualified, Disqualified for Admission, Scholastically Disqualified, Scholastically Suspended or Expelled as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Courses that start before 01/01/2020.
- The benefit will automatically terminate if:
- The student fails to meet any of the Eligibility Criteria set forth above.
- The student transfers to another University degree program.
- The student is Academically Disqualified, Disqualified for Admission, Scholastically Disqualified, Scholastically Suspended or Expelled as outlined in the University Catalog.