Today is YOUR day
Congratulations to the class of 2021!
Today is YOUR Day.
Congrats to the class of 2021.
2:00 p.m. HST
- Location: Hawaii Convention Center https://www.meethawaii.com/convention-center/
- Address: 1801 Kalakaua Ave. Honolulu, HI 96815
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021
- Ceremony time: 2 p.m. HST
- Doors Open: 12:30 p.m.
The ceremony will be livestreamed on our YouTube community page starting at Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021, 2 p.m. HST.
If you have any questions, please email UOPX Commencement.
Safety Measures: The Hawaii Convention Center is a state-owned facility. We are required to follow these state mandates for the ceremony. We will continue to monitor state and venue COVID requirements up to the ceremony date. Click here for more information.
Here are some key venue and ceremony things to know:
- Only graduates will be allowed into the venue.
- Masks are required for all attendees.
- Graduates must show verification of full vaccination status with a hard copy or photo of vaccination card. Failure to produce this verification will result in not being allowed into this state owned facility. No exceptions.
- Every person will be temperature checked by a security monitor upon building entry. Temperature readings of 100.4 F and higher will not be allowed to enter the facility.
- We cannot conduct a processional, doctoral hooding or a recessional. Graduates will be directed to a seat within their degree level.
- Parking at the center is accessed by Kalakua Avenue.
- Take the ramp up and pull a “white parking ticket” from the dispensing machine
- Parking is not hosted and the fee of $12.00 is due upon each vehicle exit
- Vehicles with ADA Placards or license plates may park in “row A”
There are two official entry points to the Hawaii Convention Center
- The front driveway at lobby level
- The self-parking level 2 of the center
Upon entry clearance we will have the following tables available:
- Herf Jones to purchase Regalia
- Grad Card Assistance to update Name Card or get new if didn’t receive
- Grad Supplies
- Military and Honors Cords to pick up military and/or honors cords.
- Lastly, before entering Exhibit Hall graduates can have professional photo taken before the ceremony
Tickets are required for graduates to enter the Convention Center. Graduates will receive their ticket by mail prior to the ceremony. If graduates do not receive their ticket before the ceremony we will have a ticket assistance table to check in at.
- Entry by front driveway.
- The one-way front driveway is accessed from Atkinson Drive.
- Graduates may be dropped off and picked up from this driveway.
- Parking at the center is accessed by Kalakua Avenue.
- There is no vehicle parking or standing by in the front driveway.
- Follow all instructions of the traffic monitors in the driveway.
- Public items not permitted in the venue – no helium or gas filled balloons, no confetti release or poppers, no streamers and any type of pyro unit or activity may not be engaged.
Please bring your grad name card the day of the ceremony. The grad name card shows a bar code with your name and degree. These cards will be mailed out about a week before the ceremony to each graduate. We can provide a duplicate name card if needed the day of the ceremony.
There is no storage at the commencement venue for personal belongings. Please be advised that University of Phoenix is not responsible for any damage or loss to personal property.
Regalia Items to Bring
Bring your cap and gown. Additionally, undergraduates must bring their stoles and graduate students must bring their hoods. Use a cool iron to ensure a wrinkle-free appearance, if necessary. For any special regalia needs or for pickup arrangements, Herff Jones accepts cash or card. Please contact Mary Chiang Wah for regalia needs or questions.
Military graduates: Remember to bring your cord to the ceremony. The military cord was available to order on the regalia website. If you did not order, they will be available the day of the ceremony.
Honor Cord Eligibility
Must be a bachelor’s degree student with a program GPA of 3.85 or higher. The University does not have an honors designation for associate, masters, or doctoral students.
All bachelors level students who have met the University honors requirements, by the commencement ceremony date, and have met all other eligibility criteria, will be recognized at commencement with the University honor cord. Students who attend commencement and wear the University honor cord prior to degree conferral are not guaranteed the “Graduated with Honors” designation. Academic standards must be met for a “Graduated with Honors” degree to be awarded. Students may fail to meet the University honors standards after attending commencement ceremonies.
Honor Cord Distribution
The University identifies graduates registered for commencement who are eligible for the honor cord. If you are eligible to receive an honor cord, one will be provided to you at no cost on the day of commencement.
The University has coordinated with GradImages Photography to photograph graduates prior to the start of the ceremony. Masks are optional to wear only during this photo time.
Check with https://hidot.hawaii.gov/ select “roadwork” and “Oahu Lane Closures”, specifically look for any road work in the “Waikiki” or “Ala Moana” areas.
The Hawaii commencement digital program version will be viewable three days before the ceremony and up to 30 days after the ceremony. Click on the official University of Phoenix Commencement Program site at http://www.gilmore.ca/ApolloCommencementBook. Select “Hawaii” from the “What is the ceremony location?” drop-down menu.
We would love for you to share ceremony photos and stories about your educational journey on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/universityofphoenix/.
Please email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org